Zinc wire Zn99,99 is used to apply zinc coatings by metal spraying process on steel products in order to protect them against corrosion. The wire also finds its application in the electronics industry. SHG zinc of the highest purity (99,995%) is used in the production process.
The application of zinc coatings by spraying is a method of anticorrosive protection. It has the following advantages over hot dip galvanizing or electroplating:
- possibility to metalize structures at the construction area,
- no dimension limitations as regards the dimension of coated elements,
- possibility to mend the coating on construction site (welding areas, mechanical damages, etc.),
- high resistance against mechanical defects,
- sprayed zinc coating has higher durability and its thickness can be easily adjusted to suit the operational requirements,
- zinc spraying eliminates the risk of thermal deformations of protected elements
Zinc spray is applied by use of electric arch or combustion guns. Depending on the type of the guns it is recommended to use zinc wire with appropriate physical parameters.
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION of zinc wire Zn99,99 in %
|Alloy component||Admixtures – together max 0,010|
|min. Zn||Pb||Cd||Pb + Cd||Sn||Fe||Cu|
Cardboard barrels with a weight of 100, 150, 200, 250 kg or steel barrels 200-450 kg. The wire is placed in a film bag and the barrels are capped. The barrels are packed in pairs or as a group of four on a wooden pallet and protected with polyethylene bands. In case of regular customers, barrels can be reused at the customer’s consent. On request steel barrels also available.
- Coils of 25 kg, protected against uncoiling with polyethylene bands are put into cardboard boxes stacked on wooden pallet and protected with polyethylene bands.
- Coils of 25 kg, protected against uncoiling with polyethylene bands are put into cardboard barrels with a weight of 400-500 kg are packed in pairs on the pallet and protected with polyethylene bands.
Wire coiled on plastic or metal spools weighting 20 kg each are put into cardboard boxes. The boxes are stacked on a wooden pallet and protected with a polyethylene band.
Zinc Zn99,99 – Dimensions & packaging
||DS soft||DM medium||DH hard||Tolerance [mm]|
|Diameter [mm]||Diameter [mm]||Diameter [mm]|
|Spools||2,00 ÷ 4,00||1,60 ÷ 3,17||–||
|Coils 20||4,76||2,00 ÷ 4,00||–|
|Coils 25||2,00 ÷ 4,00||2,00 ÷ 3,17||–|
|Endless 100||2,00 ÷ 4,76||1,20 ÷ 3,17||1,20 ÷ 1,60|
|Endless 150||2,00 ÷ 4,76||1,20 ÷ 3,17||1,20 ÷ 1,60|
|Endless 200||–||–||1,20 ÷ 1,60|
|Endless 250||2,00 ÷ 4,76||1,20 ÷ 3,17||1,20 ÷ 1,60|
|Endless *||–||5,3; 6,5; 6,95; 7,8; 8,1||–|
* Specific order zinc wire with a diameter of 5.3 ÷ 8.1 mm packed in metal baskets